York Fitness Standard 1" Solid Tricep Bar is designed to increase strength and muscle tone of the triceps whilst taking pressure off the wrists. The two parallel handles in the middle of the bar allow you to turn your hands perpendicular to a standard barbell hold making it more comfortable to exercise for longer.
The 34" bar is made from solid chromed steel and along with triceps can help develop biceps, back, and shoulders. The bar weighs 6.7 KG without weight plates so can be used on its own before adding more standard 1" weight plates. The bar requires York Fitness standard 1" Spring Collars to secure the plates however these are not included but sold separately.
The parallel bars in the middle provide an ideal grip for doing overhead tricep extensions and can also be used to do other exercises such as bicep hammer curls and the shoulder press.
- 1" Solid Steel bar construction.
- For use with standard 1" weight plates.
- Knurled grip handles.
- Chrome plated finish.
- Maximum loading 125 KG.
- Length 86 cm
- Width 17 cm
- Height 2.5
- Product Weight 6.7 KG
York Fitness Tricep Bar Exercises
Overhead Tricep Press
- Standing with your feet shoulder-width apart place your hands on the inner handles.
- Your palms should be facing inward.
- Lift the tricep bar behind your head, with your triceps beside your head.
- Lift and lower the bar behind your head without moving your upper arms.
- Only your elbows should be moving.
- Lie on a weights bench with your feet firmly on the floor.
- Lift the tricep bar over your chest so your arms are straight.
- In a controlled movement lower the bar toward your forehead
- keep your upper arm stationary bending at the elbows to lower the weight.
- When about 2 inches above your forehead stop and then lift to straighten your arms.
- Holding the bar with your palms facing inward straighten your arms straight down in front.
- In a controlled movement lift the weights toward your shoulders.
- Again in a controlled movement lower to the straightened arm position and repeat.
- Lie on a weight bench with your feet on the ground hold the bar above your chest.
- Lower the bar until it almost touches your chest and then lift straight up again.
- The tricep bar hand position utilises different muscles to a traditional barbell press.
|Usage||Home Use, Commercial Use|